Sunday, June 5, 2011

Back in Belgrade

I never thought I’d be so happy to be in Belgrade, but after the obstacle course that is walking down the street in Pristina, it feels amazing. By obstacle course I mean not know when there will be a sudden gigantic hole in the side walk, or unpaved sidewalk strewn with rocks and random giant pieces of concrete, or cars parked, or, my personal favorite, a car driving up onto the sidewalk and straight towards you at full speed in search of parking.

Other things I’m happy about:

  • More vegetarian options than in Pristina
  • Less reason to fear for my life while crossing the street
  • More street signs
  • More people who speak English
  • More sunshine / fewer thunder storms
  • More Jews (i.e. any form of Jewish community)
  • No worries going out after dark, because its well lit with lots of people around (actually it seems that Belgrade never sleeps!)

This week should fill up pretty quickly. I’ve got two interviews scheduled and Shavuot in between.

No comments: